As an entrepreneur or CEO, you want to attract more prospects and customers to your business.
You may be an expert (author, trainer, speaker, seminar leader, coach or consultant), be part of a brick-and-mortar business, or be part of an online business. In each of these, you would want to attract more prospects and customers.
While you may try to attract more paying customers using offline methods (TV ads, fliers, postal mail direct marketing, and so on), in today’s day and age, you can be very cost-effective and results-effective by using online methods (using digital marketing strategies – online advertising, content marketing, social media marketing, and so on).
On this website we will cover how to attract more prospects and customers online through digital marketing strategies.
The Main Pieces
There are many pieces that have to work together to attract more customers online. It is my attempt here to simplify these pieces and show you an overview – the BIG picture – of how the various pieces fit together to attract more customers for your business online – through digital marketing strategies.
Let us start with the basics…
You need three things to attract more paying customers online, i.e., using digital marketing strategies:
- Something to sell
- Someone to sell it to
- Someone who actually buys
In other words:
- You need to have one or more products and/or services to sell (Something to sell)
- You need to have identified your niche market for each product/service along with their frustrations and desires and your clear marketing message to them, and so that you can attract traffic of prospects (Someone to sell to)
- You need to have a process to convert prospects into customers, i.e. sales conversion (Someone who actually buys)
Something to Sell (Products/Services):
Here are three types of products or services:
- You already have existing physical products or existing services.
- You can create information products (information that help people to solve their problems)
- You can create services that help your customers
If you have existing physical products or services to sell, you are ready with your product/serve to sell.
However, if you want to sell information products, here are the 3 types of products you can sell:
- Private Label Rights (PLR) Products: You can buy the rights (PLR) to products others have already created, and sell them as your own
- Affiliate Products: You can sell products created by others and get paid a commission
- Own Products: You can create your own info products, and sell them
If you want to sell services, here are 3 types of services you can sell:
- Consulting: You consult with your customers and advise them on how to solve their problems
- Coaching: You hand hold them as they work to solve your customers’ problems
- Done For You Services: You do all the work to solve your customers’ problems
Someone to Sell To (Niche, Marketing Message, Traffic)
You want to find some one who is willing to pay for your products or services, and also have the ability to pay for them. The three main steps are:
- Identify your niche (your target audience demographics, also knows as their ‘avatar‘, then be able to document their fears, frustrations needs, and desires better than they could express themselves)
- Come up with a marketing message that addresses their fears, frustrations, needs and desires
- Get traffic
Traffic is of 3 types:
- Cold traffic: People who don’t know you yet, and don’t trust you yet because they don’t yet know you
- Warm traffic: People who have communicated with you by signing up for your free report, or also bought a very low priced (tripwire) product
- Hot traffic: People who have bought more than once from you, they know, like and trust you a lot. They are looking for your next offer so that they could buy it quickly, and are vocal advocates of you and your offers to their friends
Two methods to get cold traffic:
- Paid traffic: You buy advertising (such as Facebook advertising, Google advertising, YouTube advertising, Bing advertising) to generate traffic. Paid traffic is also known as inorganic traffic. It provides quick traffic.
- Free traffic: You get traffic by posting on blogs, social media, and YouTube. Free traffic is also known as organic traffic. Free traffic takes much longer than paid traffic to actually get traffic.
Someone Who Actually Buys (First Prospects, Then Customers)
The methods used to get people to buy depends of the type of traffic they are targeting:
- To get cold traffic to buy: You need list building and content marketing.
- To get warm or hot traffic to buy: You need email marketing and sales funnels.
One of the key skills you need to get people to buy is copywriting – being able to write convincing “copy” that will convince people to take action on what you ask them to. This includes the ability to write captivating headlines.
With this, the traffic would convert to becoming paid customers.
Setting This Up
You have two options to set these up:
- You can outsource this to others. Even in this case it is you who needs to decide your niche, and your marketing message.
- You can do it yourself. There are automated tools that simplify the “tech” so that you can do this yourself. By doing it yourself, you are able to make tweaks to your message and strategies quickly without having to depend on vendors to do it for you.
So there you have it. The the high-level BIG picture of what you need to attract more paying customers using online digital marketing strategies.